Welcome to the Black River Pirate Parents Page. Black River Pirate Parents is the parent group at Black River Schools replacing the PTO (2013). Our mission - Dedicated to promoting children's health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, community and school involvement.
Monthly meetings are currently virtual via Zoom on the first Monday of the month at 6 PM. (new day of week set at 9/2/21 meeting) Join the Black River Pirate Parents Facebook Group for the Zoom link.
The group is working toward improving playground equipment for the BREC and planning activities for BR families.
Plans for the 2022-23 school year include:
- Ground Games for the Playground (3 games painted but not finished)
- JOCO Mums Fundraiser: Delivery October 4th
- Ga Ga Ball Pit: Installed 10/22/22
- Santa Shoppe: December 12-16
- Staff Holiday Gifts
- Little Caesars Pizza Fundraiser (January)
- Suzin L Chocolatiers (March)
The following events and fundraisers were conducted during the 2021-22 school year.
- Mumkins (concluded 9/27)
- Little Caesar's Pizza (postponed for March 2022)
- Family Fun Night #1 Country Skateland
- Secret Santa Shoppe (December 13-17)
- Gourmet Popcorn (replaced with Little Caesar's Pizza)
- Family Fun Night #2 Lodi Strike-n-Spare March 13
- Playground Mulch Project March 26
- Fine n' Dandy Candle/Soap fundraiser April 5-26